Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Review: Trader Joe's all-in-one facial cleanser

I have a long, sad history with facial cleansers. From the time my first pimple emerged at the tender age of 11, I have tried numerous facial cleansers in an attempt to keep my skin somewhat clear. This backfired tremendously once I hit high school; to fight acne, I found myself using increasingly harsh cleansers and creams. The stronger the medication, the more pimples I seemed to get.

Tired of this ruthless cycle, I decided to go way back to the beginning and pick up a basic cleaner, something that didn't have harsh chemicals and also didn't cost a small fortune. I picked up a no-name brand at Target and haven't had any problems since. (Full disclosure: I was in my 20s by that point, so it's possible I was already outgrowing the acne.)

 Got soap?

So, what I'm saying is that I like Trader Joe's all-in-one facial cleanser. It keeps my skin clean without leaving a soapy, filmy residue. It's also got a great portion size; a little bit, once foamed up, goes a long way. I also don't feel that my skin is dry or cracked; unlike some cleansers, this is a gentle soap that is perfect for average skin.

My only quibble is that it should be in one of those "upside-down" packages, where the dispenser is on the bottom. As such, I can't tell you how many times I've almost mistaken the facial cleaner for my hand soap. Other than that, it's a great product.

Verdict: Four out of four Hawaiian-print shirts.

4 comments:

  1. I love this cleanser and they now have a oil-free moisturizer that is packed with antioxidants both are $5.99 each!...I LOVE TRADER JOE'S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I have to try that one. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got to try both the face wash and moisturizer and Im in love in 3 days my breakouts are almost all gone old spots are fading away fast, and my complexion is brighter and looks the best it has in years, where has this been all my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, right? I really like it, too. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete